Aw: How do I clear a textarea instance?

Anton Vidovic anton.vidovic at gmx.de
Tue Dec 28 13:44:30 UTC 2021

Hello Lance,

> However, it looks like the clear method only clears the window and
> nothing else.

I checked, this is correct.

> How do I go about clearing the buffer, resetting the input pointer,
> and moving the cursor back to the beginning of the textarea?

The textarea is unfortunately not finished yet, so there is missing
functionality. A general editing widget requires somewhat more effort
than a simple one line input field.

What you are looking for is the textarea equivalent of "reset-field",
which doesn't exist yet. Implementing reset as a generic function
similar to clear makes most sense, so I will try to make that in the
next few days. In the meantime, you can set the pointers and the
internal positions to 0.

Anton