[commonqt-devel] Re: What is the recommended way to do background jobs in CommonQt?

Rujia Liu rujia.liu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 13:55:36 UTC 2013

It looks like using bordeaux-threads is the *only* option that works for me
:(

I use bordeaux-threads: make-thread to make a thread, download the picture
in that thread, and after it's downloaded, emit a signal. I think the slot
function is still executed in the main thread, not the new thread created
by bordeaux-threads:make-thread, am I right? At least I didn't observe
anything suspicious. Correct me if this is not a recommended way.