[commonqt-devel] CommonQt for newer versions of smoke

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 01:37:19 UTC 2011

I was wondering if CommonQt would be expected to work for newer versions of
smoke. I'm wondering because support for Mac OS X has been improving
dramatically in the newest version, and I have never been able to make older
(even supposedly stable) versions of smoke work on Mac OS X.

Undefined symbols:
  "Smoke::classMap", referenced from:
      Smoke::findClass(char const*)in commonqt.o
      Smoke::findClass(char const*)in commonqt.o
  "Smoke::NullModuleIndex", referenced from:
      Smoke::idMethod(short, short)in commonqt.o
      Smoke::idClass(char const*, bool)in commonqt.o
      Smoke::idClass(char const*, bool)in commonqt.o
      Smoke::idMethodName(char const*)in commonqt.o
      Smoke::findClass(char const*)in commonqt.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This is on Mac OS X 10.6, using Xcode 3.2.5, building an x86_64 binary, with
CommonQt from quicklisp, and the newest smoke as of the time of writing.

Also note that KDE is moving to git, so the svn repository referenced on the
main page is now obsolete. The new git repository is located at:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdebindings/smoke

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay