[cmucl-imp] ASDF 2.016 released

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 12:40:30 UTC 2011

On 6/8/11 5:21 AM, Faré wrote:
> Can you upgrade your implementation to ship with the latest ASDF? Thanks!
> If you're still using 2.015 (or something even older), there have been
> many bug fixes, robustness, portability and upgradability enhancements
> and a few features implemented since.
Will do.  Same message sent to gmane.  I'm surprised you could do that.
That hasn't worked (I think) in a long time.
> Also, the CLISP maintainers insist on having (require :asdf) not work
> and (require "asdf") work, whereas CMUCL does the opposite.
> Since the CLISP maintainers won't seem to budge,
> could you have CMUCL accept both?

I will try.  That would be an incompatible change, though, so I'll have
to think about that.
> PS: I noticed you moved the mailing-list to common-lisp.net; the old
> address @cons.org seems to still exist, but rejects messages as my not
> being subscribed. Or do both addresses exist? That's confusing.
Both addresses exist.  There was some talk about moving the lists to
cl.net so I had the lists created.  This occurred when there were
problems with the list on cons.org.  They have since been fixed and I've
been too lazy to do anything about the cl.net lists.  All links that I
know of say cons.org is the location of the mailing lists.

Ray