[cltl3-devel] Fwd: RFC: CLtL3 Charter

Gustavo gugamilare at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:37:18 UTC 2009

Sorry, drewc, the e-mail should have gone to the list, not only you.

Hello,

I also like to keep things simple. Here are a few suggestions, though.

In paragraph 4, you didn't mention "sockets" explicitly in the list. I don't
know if that is intended to be included in "Networking", because Unix
sockets are local to the computer.

A few more topics that could be discussed:

(j) Interface to Environments, which is needed in a macro walker (e.g.
cl-walker <http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-walker/> accesses lexical
environments using implementation specific functions).
(k)Custom Hash Functions and Hashtable Test (SBCL's
extensions<http://www.sbcl.org/manual/Hash-Table-Extensions.html#Hash-Table-Extensions>
).
(l) Weak Pointers, Weak Hashtables and Garbage Collector (like in
trivial-garbage <http://www.cliki.net/trivial-garbage>).

And, by the way, "omission" have only one "m".

Cheers,
Gustavo.

Hello all,