[clpython-devel] import gives UnexpectedEofError

Willem Broekema metawilm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:24:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Breanndán Ó Nualláin
<bon at science.uva.nl> wrote:
> I'm running into an error while trying to get CLPython up and running.
>
> The test suite fails on the first Python import test with an
> UnexpectedEofError. Any other attempt at importing gives the same error.

Thanks for the report. It's caused by a bug in SBCL that I had
encountered earlier, but had forgotten to commit a workaround for:
 https://bugs.launchpad.net/sbcl/+bug/690408

I've committed the workaround now:
 https://github.com/franzinc/cl-python/commit/6008967cbb2ee690a087120a8170ca08ec354715

Until this version is included in QuickLisp I'm not sure what the
proper way to patch your CLPython within QuickLisp is, but modifying
quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/clpython-20110619-git/util/readtable.lisp
seems to work.

- Willem