[clpython-devel] c api?

Seth Burleigh seth at tewebs.com
Mon May 24 14:41:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 10:45 +0200, Willem Broekema wrote:
> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Seth Burleigh <seth at tewebs.com> wrote:
> > I was wondering about the difficulties involved in adding the python c
> > api, since it would be extremely useful.
>
> Hey Seth,
>
> I used to be skeptical about supporting the C API in CLPython
Hmm, i must be missing something obvious. Looking at
http://docs.python.org/library/ctypes.html

it seems that it would just be a matter of converting from the ctypes
api to the cffi api. Though scanning it i don't see how some things
could be done, like examining the stack for windows to see if  you
passed the wrong amount of arguments. Most othres, however, like
endianess of structures, using custom datatypes, are all possible.