[clpython-devel] Can not login to cvspublic.franz.com

Al Bat alan.bat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:57:45 UTC 2009

Hi Willem!
Thank you for your rapid reply and for making CLPython, which, I believe,
should be THE proper implementation of Python!

I've done what you kindly advised me to do. Tracing gave me the following:

al at helen:~$ cvs -t -d :pserver:cvspublic at cvspublic.franz.com:/cvs-public
> login
>   -> main: Session ID is IxeXwAXJJZG5tyyt
>   -> main loop with CVSROOT=/cvs-public
> Logging in to :pserver:cvspublic at cvspublic.franz.com:2401/cvs-public
> CVS password:
>   -> Connecting to cvspublic.franz.com(67.207.112.67):2401.
> cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvspublic.franz.com(67.207.112.67):2401
> failed: Connection refused

Maybe, my IP was regarded suspictious by the firewall on the server side? No
idea so far. If it works for everyone else, apart from me, it should be my
problem. I'll think about it a bit more. Thank you anyway!

If cvs fails again, I'll send you a zip file, okay?

Yes, if you could, please? That would be great!