[clpython-devel] Fwd: Project silence and exposure

Willem Broekema metawilm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 10:37:46 UTC 2006

Link to message:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/cd237cfa53c103e4

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Willem Broekema <metawilm at gmail.com>
Date: Dec 14, 2006 8:01 PM
Subject: Re: CLPython (was Re: merits of Lisp vs Python)

Paul Boddie wrote:
> What would it take to get Python people more interested in it? I've
> been monitoring the site [1] and the mailing list [2] for some time,
> but nothing particularly visible seems to be happening.

Well, judging from the reactions on blogs to the initial announcement
here, quite some people have heard about it and seem interested. But
that didn't result in more people hacking on it, which is unfortunate.

I guess in part it's because there are not that many people really into
both Python and Lisp, and those who are might not find this an
interesting project because there is nothing "wow" to show, yet.

So you are right about the project silence. Right now it's a one-person
pet project, and progress is slow. But I'm already quite happy about
the current state: stable, usable, and fairly complete.

As for more exposure: I'd prefer to wait with big announcements until
there are really interesting things achieved.

Thanks a lot for your interest and comments!

- Willem