[closure-devel] How to disregard namespaces

Andrei Stebakov lispercat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 17:38:56 UTC 2011

Say I need to parse html that I got from some external source and for
some reason there are namespaces in the text:

(chtml:parse "<a href='someurl.com' somens:url='someurl.com'>text</a>"
 (stp:make-builder))

The parser will choke on somens namespace since it's not mapped to any url:
  0: (CXML-STP:STP-ERROR "attribute with prefix but no URI")[:EXTERNAL]
  1: (CXML-STP:RENAME-ATTRIBUTE #<error printing object>)
  2: (CXML-STP:MAKE-ATTRIBUTE "someurl.com" "somens:url" "")
  3: ((SB-PCL::FAST-METHOD SAX:START-ELEMENT (CXML-STP-IMPL::BUILDER T
T T T)) ..)

Is there a way to specify some global variable to turn off namespace
processing?
I saw *namespace-processing* variable in some other package but it
doesn't seem to be relevant in this case.

Thank you,
Andrei