[closure-devel] Converting html files

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Fri Apr 3 06:34:05 UTC 2009

Quoting David Lichteblau (david at lichteblau.com):
> I worked on the closure-html release based on the patches in
> cl-html-parser, and I don't think I forgot any features.  So
> closure-html would be able to do everything that cl-html-parser could do
> (and slightly more perhaps, due to the cxml integration).

Sorry, I was wrong about this.

When I read "cl-html-parser", I assumed that it was the Closure
repackaging work by Ignas Mikalaj#nas.

Turns out that his work was called "trivial-html-parser", and you
probably meant "cl-html-parse", which is just yet another repackaging of
the parser written by Franz, this time packaged by Gary King.

So these are actually two entirely different parsers.  If you like the
API of the Franz parser better, I suggest that you use this for parsing,
and use closure-html for serialization.

d.