[closure-devel] PATCH: load GIF files without an external application

Eric Marsden eric.marsden at free.fr
Wed Jan 3 15:44:29 UTC 2007

>>>>> "ecm" == Eric Marsden <eric.marsden at free.fr> writes:

  ecm> Closure currently loads GIF files by saving the contents to a
  ecm> temporary file, running gif2png on the file, then slurping in that
  ecm> file. The attached patch (well, it isn't packaged as a proper patch)
  ecm> allows Closure to load GIF files directly, thanks to Zach Beane's
  ecm> Skippy library.

  I've now committed this change to Closure, and reorganized the image
  handling code a little in the process.

  I have similar code for loading JPEG images via the cl-jpeg library,
  but am waiting for a stable home for this library to appear.

--
Eric Marsden