[closure-devel] Testing, testing, 1 2 3

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 13:57:19 UTC 2005

Is this thing on?  Ahem.

I "fixed" images, I think: at least, they work for me.  It's currently
a hack on top of a hack, but it does mostly work (except that I get
recursive broken images quite often, probably because I'm in a utf-8
locale...

;; Was unable to read #u"file://closure/resources/icons/broken.png" as image, because of:
;; | #<CL-CHAR-STREAM {1001ACE951}> is probably no PNG file..

).  Proof, if any is needed:
<http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~csr21/closure-pertelote.png> and
<http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~csr21/closure-bbc.png>.

So, possibly, that's item (1) on the closure home page dealt with.  It
compiles, and it basically runs for me in sbcl except that there seems
to be an interesting race condition whereby computing discriminating
functions on startup, probably in multiple threads at once, can cause
compiler consistency problems.  Not sure yet why this happens.

Does anyone have an opinion (and some free time) for TODO item (2)?

Cheers,

Christophe