[closer-devel] ContextL: allow other keys in (re)initialize-instance methods for metaclasses

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Thu Mar 15 18:59:06 UTC 2012

Hi Paul,

I'm hesitating to make such a change, because it would weaken checking initialization arguments for validity.

Under normal circumstances, it is possible to make more initialization arguments valid for subclasses. See Section 7.1.2 of the HyperSpec. This also applies to metaobject classes. If for some reason this doesn't work for you, I would like to know about it and see whether something needs to be fixed. Please send some example, and some information which CL implementation you are using to test this.

Pascal

P.S.: I'm curious to hear about what you use ContextL for, and what you are adding in your subclasses. If you prefer, please feel free to contact me by private email on this. Thanks.