[closer-devel] LAYER-NAME vs LAYER in ADJOIN-LAYER/REMOVE-LAYER.

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Wed Nov 11 14:55:52 UTC 2009

On 24 Jun 2009, at 18:06, Drew Crampsie wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm sure i'm abusing contextl in some way (anonymous layers that
> themselves are layered classes), but for my code to work the call to
> ADJOIN-LAYER in REMOVE-LAYER-USING-CLASS must pass the layer directly
> to ADJOIN-LAYER, not indirect through the layer name.
>
> In other words :
>
> hunk ./cx-layer.lisp 103
> -                                (layer-name active-layer)
> +                                active-layer
>
> This works for me and passes all the tests, but i'm not sure if it's
> the right thing to do... i'm likely abusing contextl in many ways ;).

Wow, how time passes....

I finally had time to take care of this. I have made several changes in several places in ContextL, and it should now be possible to use named layers by referring to their name, as well as anonymous layers interchangeably. I'm pretty sure that I covered all cases, but of course there could still be problematic corner cases I have missed. Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks again for submitting this bug report. I'm still interested to know how you use ContextL here... ;)

Best,
Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net