[closer-devel] Closer to MOP support for MCL 5.2

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Sat Mar 22 13:36:46 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

I have checked MCL 5.2 against my MOP test suite, and I have got a
problem again which was already fixed with a patch for 5.2b6.
Unfortunately, that patch doesn't work in 5.2.

Very soon, I will switch from my old PowerPC Mac to a new Intel Mac,
which means that I cannot test MCL against Closer to MOP anymore,
which will also affect support of ContextL for MCL, and probably some
other libraries that rely on Closer to MOP.

I don't see a good way out atm, but the two obvious possibilites are
this:

(1) Could somebody help me figuring out what's wrong with the patch I
have? The problem in MCL 5.2 is that slot-value (etc.) doesn't call
slot-value-using-class (etc.) anymore. I have got a patch for that
from Digitool some time ago, but as I said above, that patch doesn't
work on 5.2.

(2) Is anybody interested in taking over support for Closer to MOP for
MCL? I could either open up the darcs repositories for someone who is
committed to supporting MCL, or we could separate it out into a
separate repository (which may actually be more convenient).

Any other ideas? Anybody interested?

Best,
Pascal

P.S.: I will definitely continue supporting OpenMCL / Clozure CL!

--
1st European Lisp Symposium (ELS'08)
http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08/

Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab
Pleinlaan 2, B-1050 Brussel, Belgium