[closer-devel] Re: layer slots

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 11:19:10 UTC 2008

>  No need to feel sorry. You should of course only use what actually
>  contributes to a good solution.
>
>  I'd be interested to look at the code once you have it done. It may be
>  useful to analyze and see how ContextL could have helped if it had the
>  (yet to be found) right features...

hm, since then i've dropped a prototype that used contextl and went on
using simple generics.

iirc, the reason was that i couldn't store values in slots of the
current layer and because of that i needed an extra BACKEND argument
in the dispatch. but then anyone can subclass it and add their
customizations to the generation, so i choosed not to add a complex
dependency at the end...

but of course i keep on using contextl in other projects of mine. thanks Pascal!

--
 attila