[closer-devel] acl 8.0 + funcallable-standard-class metaclass

Nick Allen nallen05 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 18:49:26 UTC 2007

I notice in features.txt that for ACL 8.0:

   "FUNCALLABLE-STANDARD-OBJECT is not used as the default superclass
for classes with :metaclass FUNCALLABLE-STANDARD-CLASS."

which implies to me that defining classes with a metaclass
closer-mop:funcallable-standard-class otherwise works, but

cl-user> (lisp-implementation-version)
"8.0 [Mac OS X (Intel)] (May 10, 2007 8:10)"

cl-user> (require :mop)
; Fast loading from bundle clos/mop.fasl.

cl-user> (defclass fn ()
	   ()
	   (:metaclass aclmop:funcallable-standard-class))

errors: "Class #<standard-class standard-object> is not yet
finalized."

cl-user> (defclass fn (aclmop:funcallable-standard-object)
	   ()
	   (:metaclass aclmop:funcallable-standard-class))
 (defclass fn ()
	   ()
	   (:metaclass aclmop:funcallable-standard-class))

errors: "Class #<standard-class aclmop:funcallable-standard-object> is
not yet finalized."

(it behaves the same way with closer-mop). am I missing something,
should this work?

thanks for your time

Nick