[closer-devel] Active layers...

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Sat Nov 17 19:23:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have added a new introspective function to ContextL that I find
extremely useful in my own attempts at actually using ContextL for
some non-trivial examples.

Active-layers returns the set of currently active layers (without all
the noise that the layer context objects produce). It accepts an
optional parameter for passing a layer context, which defaults to the
currently active layer context.

The functions ensure-active-layer and ensure-inactive-layer now call
active-layers in the end to produce a useful response. If anyone of
you counted on the return values previously returned by those two
functions (the new active layer context), please let me know and I
will immediately revert that change. (It's not critical to me one way
or the other, I just find the call of active-layers a more useful
response than the one before.)

On a somewhat unrelated note: I have removed the explicit loading of
the gbbopen.asd file at the top of contextl.asd. The current version
of GBBopen now adds an explicit portable-threads.asd, which is all
that is needed for ContextL. (Thanks to Attila for informing me about
this.)

Best,
Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab