[closer-devel] C2MOP and class-prototype

Vyacheslav Akhmechet coffeemug at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 06:51:40 UTC 2007

On 8/22/07, Pascal Costanza <pc at p-cos.net> wrote:
> Before I can make any changes in Closer to MOP here, I would first
> have to check whether the other Common Lisp implementations could
> live with such changes as well. My gut feeling tells me that there
> may be problems here.
If it helps I ran (class-prototype (find-class 'string)) on a number
of implementations available to me:
CLISP: ""
CMUCL: ""
SBCL: 42
ACL Express: Error
LispWorks: Error
OpenMCL: Error

> Why don't you just define your own class-prototype function for your
> own uses? Portable programs and third-party libraries cannot rely on
> specified behavior here anyway...
I can do that. I was thrown off by the fact that CLISP, CMUCL, (and
partially SBCL) returned correct results. I guess AMOP can be (and is)
interpreted differently when it comes to this.

P.S. Apologies for the private e-mail. I really should have sent this
through GNUS because GMail keeps doing this to me.

Regards,
Slava Akhmechet