[closer-devel] two defun's MIA

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 23:58:00 UTC 2006

> (defmethod initialize-instance :around
>   ((class my-class) &rest initargs
>    &key direct-superclasses)
>   (declare (dynamic-extent initargs))
>   (if (loop for class in direct-superclasses
>             thereis (subtypep class (find-class 'my-object)))

hm, this subtypep check errors on clisp when class is a  forward referenced
class.

i could overcome it by (and (class-finalized-p ...)...) but that doesn't
feel right. (looking at the clisp backend in closer-mop i couldn't find
anything related).

This idiom doesn't work in some CLOS implementations, but when you use
> Closer to MOP, the respective problems are fixed, so you can use this idiom
> in all implementations that Closer to MOP supports.

what do you mean by "when you use Closer to MOP"? i looked around in the
sources but couldn't find anything related. it's not an important issue, i'm
fine with sbcl, but as an opensource lib it's not nice to be tied to
implementations.

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
- I understand.
- No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)