[closer-devel] starting work on a port to Corman Lisp

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Thu Jun 29 17:54:44 UTC 2006

I think that having two or more reasonable conformance "levels" would
make sense. I also think that breaking MOP support into introspection
and semantics (implementation altering) makes sense. I don't know
much of anything about the consistency of MOP implementations but it
work to have something like (warning, ASCII art ahead):

MOP Support

+-------------------- introspection
|                                |
|                               +-------------------- level 1

+-------------------- implementation

Where the levels lie will depend on how the MOP implementations carve
"nature at its joints". That Plato, he had such a way with words.
<smile>

--
Gary Warren King
metabang.com