[closer-devel] starting work on a port to Corman Lisp

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 00:33:23 UTC 2006

I'm interested in getting Closer to MOP running on Corman Lisp (the next
release of which is currently in beta). As a first step towards a port, I've
started working through the MOP feature tests.

I have one general question to start with -- are patches that provide
workarounds for ANSI compliance problems acceptable? The first one
I've encountered is that in CCL, delete-package simply signals an error
with a "not implemented" string argument. I've sent feedback
to the vendor on this. In the meantime, the simplest workaround is a
hack (temporary packages would not get cleaned up), and so I'm wondering
if a patch that disables the call to delete-package for CCL only be acceptable?

Just trying to get a sense for how far it's reasonable to go in getting this
port working vs. the understandable desire to keep your code sane. Thanks
in advance for your thoughts.

--
Jack Unrue