[closer-devel] CVS or Darcs?

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Sun Jul 17 18:55:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am currently finalizing a new release of MOP feature tests and
Closer to MOP. In order to ease future updates I am considering to
use a code revision system. The two best options I can see are CVS
and Darcs. CVS has the advantage that it is widely used and directly
supported by common-lisp.net. On the other hand, Darcs seems to have
a conceptually much simpler model and, for example, eases checkouts
and distributed development. (For example, for checkout, a tool like
wget is totally sufficient.)

See http://www.gnu.org/software/cvs/ for CVS and http://
www.darcs.net/ for Darcs. Bill Clementson has recently discussed
Darcs at http://bc.tech.coop/blog/050710.html

Does anyone of you have a strong opinion in this regard? Currently, I
have a slight tendency towards Darcs, but both options would probably
be fine for me.

Any commenst are highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Pascal

--
2nd European Lisp and Scheme Workshop
July 26 - Glasgow, Scotland - co-located with ECOOP 2005