[closer-devel] ContextL: Class not intialize

JoeSB COE9 joesb.coe9 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 09:18:42 UTC 2005

Hi,

I tried to follow ContextL overview document and got stuck.
Here is a part of example that got the error.

;;---------- ctx2.lisp
(defpackage :ctx2
  (:use :contextl))

(in-package :ctx2)

(define-layered-class person ()
  ((name :initarg :name :accessor person-name)))

(deflayer employment-layer)

(define-layered-class person
    :in-layer employment-layer ()
    ((employer :initarg :employer :layered-accessor person-employer)))
;;---------- END ctx2.lisp

And the REPL session goes like this

CL-USER> (compile-file "ctx2.lisp")
;; Compiling file D:\dev\code\lisp-systems\joe\ctx2.lisp ...
;; Wrote file D:\dev\code\lisp-systems\joe\ctx2.fas
0 errors, 0 warnings
#P"D:\\dev\\code\\lisp-systems\\joe\\ctx2.fas"
NIL
NIL
CL-USER> (load "ctx2.lisp")
** SILME **
The class #1=#<CONTEXTL:LAYERED-CLASS CTX2::PERSON :INCOMPLETE
:VERSION 2> has not yet been finalized.
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]
****
; Evaluation aborted
CL-USER> (compile-file "ctx2.lisp")
;; Compiling file D:\dev\code\lisp-systems\joe\ctx2.lisp ...
0 errors, 0 warnings
** SILME **
The class #1=#<CONTEXTL:LAYERED-CLASS CTX2::PERSON :INCOMPLETE
:VERSION 2> has not yet been finalized.
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]
****
; Evaluation aborted
CL-USER>

As you can see, the first compilation is ok. But the complain of class
not initialize comes after the first load. And then the subsequent
compilation of the sam file also fails.

I used CLISP 2.36. On Windows 2000.

Note that I can still follow the example fine if I each form true
REPL. It might have something to do with compile-time and load-time
differences.