[closer-devel] [ANN] New versions

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Tue Aug 2 16:39:38 UTC 2005

Hi,

New versions of MOP Feature Tests and Closer to MOP are available.
MOP Feature Tests checks whether CLOS MOP features, as specified in
"The Art of the Metaobject Protocol", are available in a given Common
Lisp implementation. Closer to MOP provides a compatibility layer
that irons out some of the incompatibilities across various CLOS MOP
implementations.

Highlights of the new versions:

- A number of new implementations are now supported, including
Allegro Common Lisp 7.0, CLisp 2.34, CMU CL 19b, LispWorks
Professional 4.4.5, Macintosh Common Lisp 5.1, OpenMCL 0.14.3 and
SBCL 0.9.3.

- The software is now available as a set of darcs repositories.

- Various fixes in Closer to MOP.

- Added a convenience method ensure-method.

- Switched to an MIT/BSD-style license.

I am using the Closer to MOP compatibility layer for my own software,
which consists of non-trivial extensions of CLOS. This has led to
overall improvements of stability.

See the project website at http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/ for
further details.

Cheers,
Pascal

--
If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
standing on my shoulders. - Hal Abelson