[closer-devel] Apologies

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Sun Apr 17 14:56:21 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

I am very sorry, but apparently I wasn't subscribed to my own mailing
lists, probably due to changes to my email addresses not so long ago.
Therefore, I have missed the mails to this mailing list. Needless to
say that I appreciate your input a lot, and if you have gotten the
contrary impression from my non-responses, please be assured that this
was not intended. Thanks a lot to Jeff informing me about this.

Here is a wrap up:

- Marco has posted a patch for making *mop-feature-test-path* work. I
have incorporated that patch in the source code.

- Jeff has posted code that shows that my attempt at fixing the slot
instance access protocols in LispWorks failed. His proposed fix doesn't
work, but contains an idea how to fix things in a more straightforward
way, namely to explicitly pass (find-class 'standard-class) to the
slot-xxx-using-class functions. I have incorporated that idea into
Closer to MOP, which allowed to get rid of a major portion of the
source code. (That's always a good sign.)

Unfortunately, some of the other fixes to the LispWorks MOP don't work
anymore because of this. It would probably be possible to incorporate
them again, but on the other hand, they are already fixed in LispWorks
4.4. (They are related to initialization of accessor methods,
accessor-method-slot-definition, and reader/writer-method-class.) If
someone really, really needs those fixes, I can do that. Please let me
know.

Ah, BTW, Jeff's code now works on my machine. I am going to publish the
new version of Closer to MOP soon.

Again, sorry for the delay, and let me know whether I have missed
something else.

Cheers,
Pascal

--
2nd European Lisp and Scheme Workshop
July 26 - Glasgow, Scotland - co-located with ECOOP 2005