Mastodon Server?

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Nov 21 15:21:05 UTC 2022

> On Nov 14, 2022, at 22:07, Clint Moore <clint at ivy.io> wrote:
>
>> What do you need from the CLF for such a service?
>
>  An A or CNAME record.
>
>> What sort of CNAME would you want?
>
>  I'd probably let the community decide the name, though
> mastodon|fediverse|etc.common-lisp.net come to mind.  I can be pretty
> bad at naming things though, so I'm all ears for suggestions.
>
>  An example of what I'd run is at cons.ivy.io - I set it up this past
> weekend thinking that there was no interest from the CLF collectively.
> I still haven't changed much of the design and am absolutely open to
> suggestions about the design, graphics, etc.

Clint,

We’d be happy to give ya use of any name you want in *.common-lisp.net <http://common-lisp.net/>.  Probably best to do with A/AAAA records as I don’t think one can actually CNAME “across domains”.

I’ve been a bit under the weather the past week, but should be better now.

yours,
Mark

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."