rsync no longer working

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 21:35:07 UTC 2022

On Sat, Nov 5, 2022 at 1:15 AM Philipp Marek <philipp at marek.priv.at> wrote:

> I believe that is related with gitlab taking over project pages - they are
> no longer stored in the filesystem as individual files.
>

> I think we should revert that and return to the old state, where the
> projects were served from filesystem trees - that was easier to understand,
> debug, and better performances wise (fewer internal indirections).
>
> No idea how long that will be supported by gitlab, though...

I don't want to go down that path if gitlab could remove this ability in
the future.

That raises the question on how people backup their repos?  I started
rsync'ing many years ago when c-l.net had some kind of failure back when
c-l.net didn't provide any backups for users.  So I still want to be able
to do some kind of backup, just in case.

At least for the gitlab pages on common-lisp.dev, I can get the artifacts
from a build.  I can grab those or maybe have gitlab CI automatically copy
the files to some host.  (Have to figure out how to do that, though.)

--
Ray