Please remove Elias Pipping from ASDF project

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 17:16:13 UTC 2022

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the mail. Yes, lets remove this unnecessary stress from his
relatives.

For me, this request is a first, so I'm devising the plan as we go. Looking
at GitLab, we seem to have the following options:

* Block user
* Delete user
* Delete user and contributions

At first, I thought we'd want to use "Delete user"; in that case, any
issues and other contributions will be assigned to the system wide "Ghost
User", which doesn't sound fair to his heritage. Instead, we could use
"Block user", which doesn't remove the user, but the status includes "Does
not receive notifications from GitLab.". The "block" status seems most
appropriate in order to keep contribution and attribution in place. (I've
chosen "Block user" for now, removed his mail addresses and replaced them
with "null+pipping at common-lisp.net".)

I've checked /etc/passwd and /etc/aliases ; neither seem to list Elias, so
removal didn't seem necessary there. There was no home directory for him on
the filesystem either, so that too, didn't need removal. Last but not
least, I checked for all members containing 'pipping' in their mail
addresses in the mailing lists (use: find_member), but there was no
membership there either.

Anything I'm forgetting?

Regards,

Erik.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 5:28 PM Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:

> Sadly, Elias (epipping) passed away about 5 years ago. He still gets
> emails that go to his mother, who finds them a little distressing.
>
> I cannot remove him from ASDF because he is listed as an Owner on the
> project.
>
> Probably it would be best to shut down his common-lisp.net account.
>
> Best,
> Robert

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.