Community Forum: Discourse?

Chris Moore moore.christopher515 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 22:34:08 UTC 2022

Hey folks -

In CL's contribution list <https://common-lisp.net/contribute> one of the
open items is for establishing a community forum.

Coming from Elixir, much of the community has fallen under Elixirforum
<https://elixirforum.com/>, with Rust <https://users.rust-lang.org/>,
Clojure <https://clojureverse.org/>, and even recently Racket
<https://www.reddit.com/r/Racket/comments/qqe4d6/racket_discourse/> opening
their own Discourse forums.

Altogether, I get a lot of use out of it w/ Elixir, and it seems to be a
popular solution for establishing a community hub.

They provide free hosted solutions for Open Source projects, which we can
infer Racket received based on their URL. I can discuss with the Discourse
team what our options are given there is no real Common Lisp open source
project. If all else fails I can check out self-hosted solutions as
$100/month is pretty hefty.

If no one has already begun work on a community forum, I can take this up.
--
CHRISTOPHER MOORE
moore.christopher515 at gmail.com