Pages not deploying?

Eric Timmons etimmons at mit.edu
Sun Jan 9 20:34:16 UTC 2022

On 1/8/22 13:21, Philipp Marek wrote:
>> I suspect it'll be easier and more robust to proxy to the pages daemon
>> with
>> appropriate rewrite rules than to use the Gitlab API.
>
> More robust probably --
> but not easier.
>
> AFAICS the pages daemon just proxies to the other gitlab instance -
> without knowing the last job ID I can't say Apache which URL to rewrite to.

This surprises me. Perhaps the Gitlab setup on this server is
significantly different than I expect, though.

If we assume the following:

1. Gitlab Pages daemon is configured to listen on port 9000
2. The pages domain is configured to be $PAGES_DOMAIN (currently appears
to be pages.example.com).

Then Apache /should/ just need to take a request URL like
https://common-lisp.net/project/$PROJECT/$PATH, overwrite the Host
header to be $PROJECT.$PAGES_DOMAIN, and proxy it to
http://localhost:9000/$PROJECT-site/$PATH

-Eric