New Gitlab CI Helpers

Eric Timmons etimmons at mit.edu
Thu Nov 18 23:18:30 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

I've been working on a set of Gitlab CI helpers with the goal of making
testing CL projects easy. They're not quite ready for wide consumption,
but I'd love to get some feedback on their documentation and (from some
brave souls) use.

They are located at <https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/clci/gitlab-ci>. An
example project using it is <https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/cl-tar/cl-tar>.

The goal is to test on several implementations automatically by
including files from that project into your CI setup. By default it will
currently test on ABCL, CCL, CLISP, CMUCL, ECL, and SBCL. Additionally,
it can test on CLASP (it will be turned on by default after their next
release).

It also includes a release pipeline that will use Gitlab's API to create
a release whenever you push a tag that looks like a version number.

It's currently limited to Linux runners, but I plan to add Windows and
MacOS support. Additionally, it uses Docker images from
<https://common-lisp.net/project/cl-docker-images/>, fetched directly
from CLF infrastructure. So there's no time wasted in compiling the
implementation and most tools you need should already be installed in
the image.

Please let me know any feedback you have!

-Eric