Gitlab site runner failing

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 20:44:53 UTC 2020

A clone of common-lisp.net was running to practice the upcoming migration
and test the results. However, on that clone, clone of the site runner was
started, causing issues with building your site.

I just restarted the job (with the clone shut down) and the job is running
fine now. I'll make sure the clone environment doesn't start the cloned
runner next time I start it.

Regards,

Erik.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 4:10 PM Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using the runner hosted on gitlab.common-lisp.net (for building
> sites).  I don't have access to that.
>
> But I will keep this in mind if I run into issues on my own hosted runners.
>
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 4:48 AM Dave Cooper <david.cooper at genworks.com>
> wrote:
>

>> I can look into this in more detail later, but I seem to remember an
>> issue with gitlab runner from a while back where some innocuous-looking
>> line in gitlab-runner’s .bash_profile was causing issues which remind me a
>> bit of this.
>>
>> If you have permissions to do so, you could try temporarily moving
>> ~gitlab-runner/.bash_profile.
>>
>> (I assume you’re using a standard runner which is set up to run as user
>> gitlab-runner).
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 9:04 PM Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using gitlab's CI for building sites.  This used to work great, but
>>> in the last couple of days, I'm getting an error.  See
>>> https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/maxima/maxima-site/-/jobs/4411 for an
>>> example.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ray