Jenkins expertise?

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Wed Oct 14 14:21:36 UTC 2020

Hi Robert,

  According to our preliminary analysis, there are sufficient resources. As
you may know, common-lisp.net has recently moved into a new infrastructure.

Would you like to set some time together to have a look at what is possible
out-of-the-box now, and what we might need to add in terms of putting
things in place? Our Windows machine is still available as one component in
the pipelines. I remember we had started setting you up an account on
there, but I’m not sure if that ever got traction yet..

Thanks,

 Dave

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 10:02 AM Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net>
wrote:

> Thanks for  reaching out , Dave. I hadn't realized that cl.net had the
> full gitlab CI hooked up to it. Are there any resource issues? There are a
> lot of projects hosted there.
>
> That said, are there sufficient resources there if we start running a
> pipeline?
>

> --
> Robert P. Goldman
>
> On October 14, 2020 at 07:21:44, Dave Cooper (david.cooper at genworks.com)
> wrote:
>

>> Dear Robert,
>>
>> Are you sure you want to use Jenkins? Gitlab has built-in CI. And the CLF
>> has acquired Allegro CL licenses for a ASDF testing (graciously donated by
>> Franz Inc), and we have a to-do item to attempt the same for LispWorks.  If
>> you’re willing, we would like to help set up ASDF testing pipelines as part
>> of common-lisp.net infrastructure.
>>
>> If you have reasons of your own to set up a Jenkins setup and could use
>> access to Allegro and maybe Lispworks licenses for that purpose, please
>> reach out regarding that as well. I am not sure about any Jenkins
>> experience among clf or cl.net volunteers, however.
>>
>> Please advise,
>>
>>  Dave
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 11:06 PM Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone have expertise configuring Jenkins to run against a remote
>>> Gitlab install?
>>>
>>> If so, would you please reach out to me? I have *finally* restored some
>>> of my CI support for ASDF, but I don't know how to set up my Jenkins to run
>>> against merge requests on Gitlab (if that is even possible).
>>>
>>> I have a backlog of patches that I would like to get evaluated and
>>> merged, but could use some help with the automation.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>> --
>> My Best,
>>
>> Dave Cooper, david.cooper at gen.works