Lost access to ASDF gitlab

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Jul 22 06:43:56 UTC 2020

> On Jul 15, 2020, at 18:22, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> When I try to push or fetch to the ASDF repo, I get this error:
>
>  $ git fetch origin
> Received disconnect from 148.251.248.130 port 22:2: Too many authentication failures
> Disconnected from 148.251.248.130 port 22
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.

I couldn’t find any logs of the authentication failures, but perhaps I wasn’t looking in the right place as gitlab is rather baggy monster at this point.

Maybe we could spend time interactively debugging the problem, so I have a better chance of figuring out what the problem is?

Otherwise, perhaps use a new SSH key?

[…]

> By the way, this is not my normal email, but emails from my work address (rpgoldman at sift.net) are being bounced because of the reverse lookup policy on common-lisp.net.
>
> It seems to be puking on this:
>
> Your IP address 50.249.120.161 is associated with the domain sift.net.
> Nevertheless your message appears to be sent from mail.sift.net.

Double-plus ungood!  Could you forward me a copy of the bounced message?

—

I’ll keep taking a look at your problems as I have time, and try to mobilize more resources to figure out the problems:  real bad for the maintainer of ASDF to not have basic access working…

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."