Gitlab groups and publishing static web pages

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 17:50:50 UTC 2020

Hi Marco,

As per phoe's mail, indeed I can create groups. To discern the idea that
the bus factor here could be equal to 1, I'll add that so can Mark Evenson
and Philipp Marek. Sending a mail to admin at common-lisp.net should be enough
to get your request fulfilled. I think creating groups is similar to
creating new projects - a privilege that used to be available to
common-lisp.net admins only. Maybe we should reconsider, now that gitlab
groups aren't tied to server administration directly and (more) liberally
distribute the 'create group' bit? (Especially since it's no longer
required to have groups on the physical box to publish project sites...)

As for deploying static pages, when you refer to "the instructions", do you
mean the ones at
https://common-lisp.net/faq/using-gitlab-deploy-project-pages ? If so,
here's a working example of the simplest static site deployment you can get
through GitLab for your project/group:
https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/cl-couch/cl-couch-site

Regards,

Erik.

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 4:58 PM Marco Antoniotti <marco.antoniotti at unimib.it>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> in the old days, when you created a project on CLNET you would also create
> a UN*X group with the project name.  That seems sensible to me.
>
> Gitlab can create "groups" (I do not know how this is related to the UN*X
> groups) and I would like to use the feature, but it seems that it is
> disabled in the CLNET instance.  Could it be turned on?
>
> Finally.  I never remember how to post a set of static pages (created with
> HELambdaP) on the site.  The instructions are not that helpful.  Can
> anybody help?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marco
>
> --
> Marco Antoniotti, Associate Professor         tel. +39 - 02 64 48 79 01
> DISCo, Università Milano Bicocca U14 2043 http://bimib.disco.unimib.it
> Viale Sarca 336
> I-20126 Milan (MI) ITALY

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.