ViewVC broken on common-lisp.net

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 20:44:46 UTC 2020

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for reporting this problem. The issue was caused by the fact that we
installed Subversion from a newer Debian version than the Debian version
we're using for the base OS. However, that newer version didn't have a
ViewVC version anymore due to lack of Python2 support.

The ViewVC repository *does* have Python3 support. It was enough to run
ViewVC from git (no version with Python3 support was released yet).

In summary: we've resolved the situation; no need to update your links!

Regards,

Erik.

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 8:49 PM Stewart Milberger <sjm at kavalogic.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a Python exception trying to use ViewVC on my projects:
>
> https://common-lisp.net/viewvc/tovero/trunk/
>

> Has this changed and do I need to update my links to do SVN browsing?
>
> Thank you!

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.