Change of policy on GitLab account creation/login?

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 06:36:12 UTC 2018

Hi Dave,

Thanks for asking these questions.

  o Do we have to buy some kind of hardware keys now?

You don't *have* to: the Google Authenticator App is also supported.
However, I have a U2F key (available on Amazon for less than 10$) and it
saves me from opening the authenticator app. That works pretty well in my
experience.

>   o Will the 2FA affect git push & pull as well? Or just logging in to the
> actual website?

It will affect git push and pull over HTTPS, but not over SSH.
SSH-push/pull is what I think everybody uses, so the answer would then be
"no".

Regards,

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.