[missing implementations]

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Thu Oct 11 15:00:13 UTC 2018

Hi Daniel,

Franz is paying an annual fee for a "sponsored link" for Allegro CL (which
will help us defray out-of-pocket hosting expenses), and with their payment
they requested to be "first to the party" for a short while at least in
terms of sponsored links on the site.

In the meantime I agree that LispWorks certainly belongs with a listing of
implementations, but we would have to hold back the "Sponsored Link" status
for the time being.

I suggest listing them on the /implementations page but leaving Allegro by
itself on the downloads/  ("Get Started") page for the next couple months.

Other viable implementations such as clisp should also be listed as well.
How about also MKCL, the current attempt at resurrecting Corman in 64-bit,
Open Genera... (I guess Scieneer is inactive these days)...  I know we are
pointing to Wikipedia as a fallback so maybe we don't have to be listing
every single conceivable implementation here. Where do we draw the line is
the question.

Mariano, would you like to have a go at making these updates?

Dave

P.S. The main negative feedback I've seen on reddit and HN has to do with
the color scheme.  The red bar at the top has been mistaken for a browser
warning regarding visiting the site. The font size has also been described
as too small (they are comparing with lisp-lang.org). Do we have any
opinions on this? Anyone want to have a play with layout_2018.css?

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper, david.cooper at gen.works
genworks.com, gendl.org