Proposal: project pages deployment through GitLab

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 23:11:21 UTC 2018

I haven't given a great deal of thought about this because I just learned
about gitlab pages.  Right now just having thing
https://common-lisp.net/project/ <https://common-lisp.net/project/*/> is
ok, because cmucl just copies it's web pages to public_html/mirror (or
something) and www.cons.org (maybe still?) and www.cmucl.org just rsyncs
that directory periodically.

I think cmucl.common-lisp.net.io would be nice as well since that's how I
manage my various github pages projects.  It would be convenient I think if
my cmucl-www repo could have html pages (via markdown or whatever)
automatically get displayed an cmucl-www.common-lisp.io (or something)
without me having to do a bit of manual work that I have to do today.
(Changes are infrequent now because I'm just a lazy guy.)

Again, I haven't given a lot of thought about this, but on the face of it,
it seems nice for people use to github.

But I also understand that this is done by volunteers so I don't definitely
don't want to overtax the very generous volunteers working on this!
There's certainly no rush.

(And I noticed a bit ago that c-l.net's gitlab wiki now supports kaTeX in
markdown pages which is really great to see!  I wish it were Mathjax
instead, but kaTeX is certainly better than none!)

--
Ray