Context specific translations?

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:55:18 UTC 2018

Hi,

In our translation catelog, we have the word "To". There are multiple uses
for this word, which is marked for translation for all uses.

One use is the case of a date range ("From ... To ...."). Another use is
the case of an address ("To: <address on the next line(s)>".

When translating these to Dutch, these use cases have very different
translations (Date range: "Tot"; address: "Aan").

It seems we need some context specific translations. However, our
translation library (which isn't gettext), doesn't cater for them.

Any ideas as to how to approach this problem?

How will we know which domains we need to distinguish?

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.