common-lisp.net: working to convert the darcs repositories

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 22:56:24 UTC 2018

Hi all,

After converting common-lisp.net to LetsEncrypt/certbot, I've taken a bit
of time to research the long-overdue move from darcs to Git.

Fortunately, taking time away from a task allows for creativity to kick in:
I've found an (acceptable to me) way to bulk convert all repositories
listed in https://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi

I'm likely to implement a minimal redirect from the existing darcsweb URLs
to the resulting GitLab git projects. However, since the commit SHAs don't
match, anything more complex requires pretty extensive mapping tables.
Please consider this as an invitation to do that work! :-)

Final announcement of a cut-over will be done 1 week in advance of the
cut-over itself. Cut-over will roughly take 4 hours when the window is
there (although I can't imagine anybody actually *using* these repositories
other than as read-only sources).

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.