Cleaning up common-lisp.net user database (not GitLab)?

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 08:51:46 UTC 2018

Hi all,

common-lisp.net has 429 OS-level non-system users. Of these users, 347
didn't log in since 2013 (inception of the current instance). Just for the
fun of it: cohorts since 2013:

      1 2013
      7 2014
     18 2015
      9 2016
     10 2017
     21 2018

Since these 347 users seem to get by without logging in (or have lost
interest), I'm planning to remove these users and their home directories
from the system as a system clean-up action.

The GitLab accounts associated with these users won't be affected. Neither
will project's public_html hosting associated with these users.

Before removal of these accounts, all users will be notified through their @
common-lisp.net accounts which is expected to forward to a valid mail
address. If a valid forward address isn't available, I'll be assuming we
lost contact and there's no other option than to assume lost interest,
followed by clean-up.

This mail is both to notify as well as to solicit feedback.

Any comments?

Regards,

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.