2018 Site Redesign Proposal

Cheryl Yang lisp at cheryllium.com
Sun Apr 8 06:15:39 UTC 2018

Hi Sammie,

Current work on the CLnet site is taking place at this repository: https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/clo/cl-site

The page on cl-foundation.org that you found is a very old draft that was left online for some reason.

Our priority right now is to finish coding the static site generator in Lisp. Please see my WIP merge request for the status of this and to learn how you can help if you'd like :)

Once the static site generator is completed in Lisp, we should be able to remove the Ruby dependency. The current CLnet is generated with Ruby. Hope this clears it up.

- Cheryl

---- On Wed, 04 Apr 2018 02:35:21 -0400 Sammie Rawlison Jr <S.Rawlison.Jr at outlook.com> wrote ----

  I tried to flow through the github to follow the messages thread-paths to see where things were going with regards to  "  https://common-lisp.net/ " and the email I received "Re: 2018 Site Redesign Proposal". I saw a site "http://www.cl-foundation.org/clnet/index.html " which had a look alike the email attachment.

Common Lisp - The #1 Programmable Programming Language

www.cl-foundation.org

welcome Donate. Dear Fellow Lispers, We want to bring common-lisp.net back to its old (modest) glory. We will not stop there, though --- our aim is to work to make it a great set of resources and services for seasoned as well as "newbie" Common Lispers alike.

Welcome to Common-Lisp.net!

common-lisp.net

Introduction. Welcome to the amazing world of Common Lisp, the programmable programming language. This site is one among many gateways to Common Lisp.

clo-devel Info Page - Common Lisp

mailman.common-lisp.net

To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the clo-devel Archives.. Using clo-devel: To post a message to all the list members, send email to clo-devel at common-lisp.net.

The comment of removing Ruby dependencies caught my attention, and also generating the site from Lisp was an eye opener.

So Cheryl, when you move over the front-end, the maintainers will continue?

Sammie