Unable to push to f2cl or merge requests

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sat May 20 08:24:27 UTC 2017

Hi Raymond,

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 1:20 AM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 4:15 PM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, I'm sure making master no longer be a protected branch would work
>> (but not yet tested).
>>
>> However, I was more concerned by that fact that as Owner, I couldn't
>> commit to master. And why, as Owner, I couldn't even approve my own merge
>> request to master.
>>

> ​Maybe that's the problem. I'm owner and don't have Master (or Developer)
> permissions.  Can't seem to find anyway to give myself such permissions.  I
> do see that Fare has Developer access and there's a pulldown menu to allow
> me to change it (and set an  expiration date).​

This document (
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/blob/master/doc/user/permissions.md)
says that an owner should be able to do everything a developer can...

So, if you can't push or merge to your master branch, then I'd say that's a
bug.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your use-case or their documentation...

Regards,

Erik.