Time to consolidate static project pages into GitLab?

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Fri May 5 22:27:51 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Since the inception of Common-Lisp.net, we have offered projects the option
to log in on the host through ssh connections to manage their hosted
project pages (https://common-lisp.net/project/*).

As off December 2016, GitLab - the software we use to provide the majority
of the repositories on the site - includes a hosting offer for static
pages:
https://about.gitlab.com/2016/12/24/were-bringing-gitlab-pages-to-community-edition/

I've not studied the functionality in depth, but I'm wondering: would the
time have come to start moving the project pages into GitLab by using this
offering and start moving away from having OS-based accounts?

Would people mind or even like to move to this functionality?

Regards,

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.