Support for running lisps on c-l.net?

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sat Jul 16 13:07:28 UTC 2016

> On Jul 2, 2016, at 18:11, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I wanted to be able to run cmucl and ccl on c-l.net <http://c-l.net/> (to run some automated tests).
>
> Cmucl won't run; I think the 32-bit libraries that cmucl needs are missing.  I tried running both 32- and 64-bit ccl, but there's some strange error produced. I can't tell if that's caused by c-l.net <http://c-l.net/> or some bug in ccl.
>
> Don't know if this is a goal for c-l.net <http://c-l.net/>, but it seems natural that c-l.net <http://c-l.net/> should be able to run common lisp implementations. :-)

[Getting back from vacation; digging out from under email]

Yes, we would like to make the c-l.net <http://c-l.net/> host run as many Lisp implementations as possible.  Right now, we are running a fairly conservative version of Linux.  If you would like to experiment with more exotic collections of libraries to satisfy dependencies, we might consider installing Docker containerization for users.

What can I do to help you get your testing running on the c-l.net <http://c-l.net/> host?

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."