Timing upgrade to GitLab 7.9

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Mar 23 20:42:03 UTC 2015

> On 23 Mar 2015, at 20:13, Erik Huelsmann <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> GitLab 7.9.0 has been released. Even though the release blog mentions their content with the size of the release, I'm usually a bit weary when it comes to big releases, so, I'm also weary to install a .0 release. However, GitLab never seems to make it into the high patch release numbers.
>
> The reason I'd like to have the 7.9 release on common-lisp.net soon is:
>
> - Allow admins to override restricted project visibility settings
>
> Which means I can put /custom and the site in private repositories which seems to suit people best.
>
> Before I install it on the site, I want to be sure to run a test install (or two) on the secondary VM. This may or may not overlap with your work on Trac. Could you let me know of a suitable time to test this upgrade?

I have no constraints on deployment: do when it suits you.  trac-1.0.4 builds
and installs fine, but that can be done as a live upgrade whenever we’re ready.
The real problem is finding an OAuth 2 implementation, to enable OpenID Connect.

I’m still working on the OAuth story.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."