IPv6 access

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 22:33:15 UTC 2015

Hi Stelian,

Actually, the AAAA address *should* work, so, I'll work on fixing it
instead of removing it. Actually, the IPv6 connection works from the hosts
that I have access to (not at home yet :-/ ). Can you run a traceroute to
see where the ipv6 traffic gets blocked?

Or, if you have a more-or-less stable IPv6 address, I could try pinging
your address?

Regards,

Erik.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 12:19 AM, Stelian Ionescu <sionescu at cddr.org> wrote:

> I was wondering why a git fetch was taking 2+ minutes, then I discovered
> that common-lisp.net has an AAAA record configured, but that address
> doesn't work, it doesn't even respond to ICMPv6; and since I have an
> IPv6-native connection at home, and newer distros are configured to give
> priority to IPv6 addresses, ssh connections timeout until fallback to
> the IPv4 address.
> I suggest removing the record.
>
> --
> Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix
> Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.